Brightness of Being a Blessing
August is a month of sunlight.
This makes me think of the sun-light of the Beatitudes.
The Blessedness of the Beatitudes represent the heart of Jesus’ message.
During this month of August let’s be Beatitude People.
- Blessed are the poor in spirit…let’s recognize our dependence on God
- Blessed are those who mourn…let us be compassionate hearts with the “gift of tears” (Pope Francis)
- Blessed are the meek…be gentle of heart and non-violent
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst…do God’s will with a just heart
- Blessed are the merciful…mercy is full of forgiveness
- Blessed are the pure of heart…express your faith in loving ways
- Blessed are the peacemakers…is a call to be a peace-giver
- Blessed are those who are persecuted…be a person who extends heart-peace
Let us strive during the last month of summer to be the brightness of Jesus’ Love by the way we speak to and about others.
May the sun-light of our actions be a wonderful, holy reflection of the “blessedness” of being. The sunshine of our faith lived with an open heart. Amen💓